Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering September 11

Message from The American Eagle 
http://www.americaneagleinternational.com/

Lord knows I am peaceful
when I'm left alone;
I've always been an eagle,
been a while since I have flown.


My claws are sharp as ever,
so's my eagle eye.
Something's gonna go to ground,
when the eagle flies. 
Lately I've heard rumors
that the eagle may be lame
Just because I've been idle 

don't mean that I'm tame. 

You've jeopardized my freedom,
my natural place to roost;
I can fly if I have to,
they've turn the eagle loose. 
So lay all your doubts aside,
when you go to bed tonight.
My feathers are all ruffled
and I'm ready for a fight.
 

Just because I took a while to fly
don't mean I don't care.
When you feel the shadow crossing,
the eagle's in the air. 


Source: American Tribute


For All Intents & Purposes, So Glad You Stopped By!
HeB





HeB is the owner of For All Intents & Purposes. As a SwAAW (Strong-willed African-American Woman), HeB reserves the right to speak her mind, voice her opinion, and just tell it like it is. A Baby-boomer - whose voice was shaped by the Last Poets, the Funkadelics, Malcolm, Martin, incense, and black-lights - HeB's voice is not dictated by her employer, professional,social, philanthropic, academic, educational or service or organization of which she is a member or affiliated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by. Your comments are welcomed and encouraged. I only ask that you, for all intents and purposes, be CIVIL!