Monday, September 3, 2012

Exclusive!!! FAIP Interviews GOP Vice Presidential Candidate Paul Ryan!

I can hardly believe it! Congressman Paul Ryan actually agreed to "stop by" For All Intents. Can you believe it! I mean the GOP Vice Presidential Candidate gracing this left-leaning liberal blog for an exclusive interview? Me either!

The transcript of the interview is as follows:
FAIP:  First, let me thank you, Congressman Ryan, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to sit down with me. I really appreciate the opportunity to ask you a few questions. I, like my readers, are informed individuals who take our vote very seriously. I am hoping this interview will help me, and others, to make the right decision in November. For full disclosure, Congressman Ryan, I voted for and support the current President; but as a woman I reserve the right to change my mind.
Congressman Ryan: (Polite chuckle) Thank you so much for having me. I don't often get an opportunity to speak to my fellow Americans who just happen to be bl...Liberals.
FAIP:  (Neck about to roll, but I caught it) Congressman Ryan, in anticipation of this interview and as a result of listening to you "introduce yourself" to America during the recent convention, I thought it prudent to learn a little bit more about you. Because I hesitate to use the fact checkers as potential resources (can't be dictated to by those birds), I went to the most nonpartisan factual source I could find. Wikipedia. I hope that's alright?

Congressman Ryan: Yes, of course (Amused)

FAIP: Thank you, Congressman. I was a little worried about my sources. Anyway, I must say that I was thoroughly intrigued with what I found out about your hometown, Janesville, Wisconsin. With a population nearing 65,000, I know my readers will be surprised to learn that the late Daniel Hale Williams, the cardiologist who performed the first successful open-heart surgery, lived in Janesville for a time according to the 1880 US Census. Your town must be extremely proud to have Dr. Williams among the list of "Notable Natives and Residents"?

Congressman Ryan: Ah...yes. (cough)

FAIP: What do you think Dr. Williams would say about the ensuing debate over healthcare? And do you think there's a chance that one of the 20+ schools in Janesville might be named after this great American?

Congressman Ryan: Uh? Can you repeat the question?

FAIP:  (Come down eyebrow! Come down!) Let's move on. Congressman Ryan, you indicated during the Convention, that President Obama promised the GM Janesville assembly plant workers that the plant would not close.

Congressman Ryan: Yes, I did. Yes, he did. And yes, the plant is now closed. Another broken promise by this President.

FAIP: I understand your position, Congressman, but the question I'd like to ask you is about the workers who lost there jobs as a result of the closure.

Congressman Ryan: Yes! Nearly 2000 men and women lost their jobs all due to the broken promises of THIS PRESIDENT!

FAIP:  Well, Congressman, let's just agree to disagree with your recollection of  that particular fact. My question is: when the plant closed, how many of those displace workers were able to gain employment at Ryan Incorporated Central? One of the nation's premier mass excavation and site-work contracting companies started by your great-grandfather with a team of mules building railroad embankment in Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois.

Congressman Ryan: (cough) Ryan Incorporated started off as a small business by my great-grandfather. He built that company with his own sweat and tears. No help from anyone! Still family-owned and operated, the company's recent work sites have been the place of employment for thousands of individuals throughout the mid-west, southeast, and northeast.

FAIP: Janesville?

Congressman Ryan: Ryan Incorporated, while not one of the largest employers in Janesville, maintains a corporate office there, a source of livelihood for many of the people living there!
FAIP: hmmm...Where DO the people of Janesville work primarily. Major employers?

Congressman Ryan: We have a Walmart employing several hundred people. But the Janesville workforce are primarily employed by Mercy Health Systems, a nonprofit health care provider; the local school district; and the county.

FAIP:  Interesting. Seems like the public sector provides a significant number of jobs for your hometown even though nearly 7% of its population lives below the poverty line.
Congressman Ryan: That's because of the failed economic policies of this President. The impact of Obamacare, his failure to create jobs, and his stifling policies against small business has had a lasting negative effect on the people of Janesville. And there are Janesvilles all over this great Country. Mitt Romney and I will make sure that all of these failed policies will be eradicated and America will start working again.

FAIP:  hmmm... I see. I think it is important to note here, Congressman, that the 7% poverty line statistic was based upon information provided in the 2000 US Census. In addition, and according to that census, men made on average $20,000 more than women and the per capita income was a little over $22,000. And that was before everything turned to peanut butter.
Congressman Ryan:  (Nervous) Peanut butter?
FAIP: (Laughing). Yes, peanut butter. A phrase my cousin uses to describe when one's world gets turned up side down through no fault of their own. Let's move on. I only have a few questions and we're done. Okay?
Congressman Ryan: OKAY. (Relieved anxiousness)

FAIP: Okay. Let's get back to you. You were elected to the US House of Representatives in 1999. Is that correct?

Congressman Ryan: Yes, that is correct. I guess you could say that I was "introduced" to politics by listening to stories about my great-grandfather who was appointed U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin by President Calvin Coolidge. 

FAIP:  I see. The same great-grandfather who started Ryan Incorporated Central, Patrick William Ryan. 

Congressman Ryan: YES. The very same. (Emphatic)

FAIP:  hmmm... Let me get this right. You were elected to represent and protect the interests of the people living in Wisconsin's 1st congressional district in 1999.
 Congressman Ryan:Yes
FAIP: And that district includes Janesville. And in 2008 that GM plant we spoke of earlier, the one the President promised not to close during the presidential campaign.
 Congressman Ryan: Yes!
FAIP: The one in your hometown, Janesville.
 Congressman Ryan:YES!
FAIP:  The one whose workers  - now unemployed - you undoubtedly know.
Congressman Ryan: YES! THIS IS ALL VERY WELL KNOWN! I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU POINT! CAN WE GET TO THE QUESTION? 
FAIP:  Yes. Just one last question, Congressman Ryan. And with all do respect, WHAT, PRAYTELL, DID YOU DO TO TRY TO STOP THAT PLANT FROM CLOSING?
Congressman Ryan: (Answer deleted for tender ears and eyes)
FAIP:  MR. CONGRESSMAN!!!! I CANNOT DO THAT TO MYSELF!
I crack myself up sometimes! LOL! GOT CHA MADE YA LOOK!

For All Intents & Purposes, So Glad You Stopped By!

HeB




HeB is the owner of For All Intents & Purposes. As a SwAAW (Strong-willed African-American Woman), HeB reserves the right to speak her mind, voice her opinion, and just tell it like it is. A Baby-boomer - whose voice was shaped by the Last Poets, the Funkadelics, Malcolm, Martin, incense, and black-lights - HeB's voice is not dictated by her employer, professional,social, philanthropic, academic, educational or service or organization of which she is a member or affiliated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by. Your comments are welcomed and encouraged. I only ask that you, for all intents and purposes, be CIVIL!